Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Morning Blogs from Inca's Garden


Xander Rodriguez:
Yesterday, we went to our sister school in Urubamba. Even though I didn’t understand what was going on, I was still a class clown! I went to a pottery class there and although I thought I was doing it right, my pot blew up. Today, we are heading across the Incan bridge to repair houses damaged by a flood. This trip is awesome, and all seventh graders, soon-to-be eighth graders should come. I miss you guys!

Haley Aud:
The adventure continues! Yesterday, we went to our sister school in Urubamba. First, Raegan and I went to a history class. They were 15-years old and they were studying our thirteen colonies! It was really cool, because we got to interact. They kept trying to ask us questions and we could not understand them very well. That was ok though, because we had a lot of fun anyway! Today I am feeling great and better than ever. I miss all of my friends and family sooooo much!!! I have been thinking about you a lot! Well, I guess I am going to end with… The adventure ALWAYS continues…. (Don’t EVER forget that!!!) – Haley Aud

Mary Kate:
The trip has been so much fun! We have truly embraced the culture and the community. Yesterday, we went to our sister school in Urabamba. We sat in on classes, and to be honest I don’t even know what one of the subjects was, but it still was very cool to see how they act while at school! Today, we are working at the bridge and then we are going on another hike (hike #3).  I only kind of liked hikes, but now I think they are great! Mom: I guess this means I’ll hike with you!
Lots of Love,
Mary Kate

Allison:
Hey Mom, Dad, Jon, Michael, Lauren, and Reilly!
The trip is only getting better and more fun every day! Yesterday we went to Valle Sagrado and spent the morning with the kids. Annie, Madison, and I sat in on a science and art class. I didn’t really comprehend the science, but it sounded pretty interesting. The art class was fun and we drew a little picture. The teacher even graded ours! During breaks, we played volleyball, soccer, and basketball with the kids. It was a great day and hope today will be just as fun! This morning we are going to take a hike and then working along the river after lunch. I miss you guys!
Love you!
-Allison

Annie
Hello Mom, Dad, Matt (if you’re bothering to read about your little sister’s adventures in Peru), Dre, Liz, and anyone else who has not been mentioned!
I know I wrote yesterday too but Allison asked if I wanted to write so I said ok. Yesterday, at Valle Sagrado, I went to a history class and a pottery class. I learned that I am not good at using a pottery wheel. At all! Everything I tried to make got destroyed. It was sad. Then after lunch we had free time and I went to the fabulous bakery on the corner. After dinner we did a team building activity where we had to build the tallest possible structure out of noodles, tape, and string that could hold the weight of a marshmallow. The tower my group built was beautiful. But it broke. We still got to eat the marshmallows though! I have to go hike now!
Love you all!
-Annie H.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Audrey!
Hope you are doing well!! We have found you in the pictures but would LOVE to hear something from you in way of the Blog:)) The trip looks amazing.
We miss you and look forward to hearing from you.Have fun!
XOXO
Mom, Dad, Teddy and Andrew

Post a Comment