Monday, March 25, 2013

One Saturday Blog and Monday Blogs

Looking up

From up, looking across

And looking down

Blog – Saturday

Hello Denverites!
Annie Hess here (again! Aren’t you all glad to hear from me so much?) Yesterday, we went on a very long hike that took all morning, and we ended up not finishing the hike because a lot of people had bad coughs and were having trouble breathing. The view was still amazing though. From the point where we stopped, we could see all of Ollantaytambo and one of the Apus (Veronica) or sacred mountains. Later at the service site, we picked corn. It’s very difficult work, and a lot of the corn had mysterious mold on it or bugs. I opened one corn and a grasshopper jumped out at my face. It was really startling so I screamed and everybody laughed at me. Then we were throwing the corn toward the sack to collect it in one place and Mrs. Ashley intercepted a cob with her head. We stopped throwing corn after that. J It was very interesting to see how the corn is picked and to be a part of the agricultural process. It really made me appreciate where our food comes from. Yesterday was quite the day.
See you soon!

Blog – Tuesday

From Alex Reddington
Today is our last day here in Ollantaytambo and the trip has been amazing.  I have learned so much here.

From Sarah Parker
I can't believe it's already the last full day in Ollantaytambo. This trip went by so fast. I feel like we just got here four days ago. I have had so much fun and learned so much. I have loved every second of it. I don't want to leave my host family, but I'll be glad to see everyone because I miss you all so much. I am so glad that I decided to come back here because I got to have the same experience and learn new things all over again.


From Lizzy Criss
I am super-sad we are leaving. This trip has been a trip of a lifetime and I am sad that I have to leave it behind. I love Ollantaytambo. The people here are so nice and caring. I’m ready to leave but not - it's like a cruise because it's fun but you can’t stay forever. I am definitely hoping to come back next year! In two days, we will be in Colorado. Every day has been better and better. I miss all my friends and family cant wait to see you guys!


FROM MADDIE CASTLE
Hi everybody!!!!!!!! TODAY IS THE DAY I EAT GUNEA PIG. YUM.
I have had an amazing time in Peru.  I miss my friends and family soooooooooooooooooo much & I can't wait to see them.
This place IS AMAZING. The people and the culture are inspiring.
LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I can't wait to see you.

P.S. Machu Pichu was AMAZING!!!!!!!

From Delaney Huffman:
Hello again everybody! I have so much to share with you all back home! Machu Pichu was amazing, and I loved going back again. I miss everybody back in Colorado, and I can't wait to see you guys. This trip inspires me, and I hope everyone has the opportunity to visit a place in which they not only help others, but they can help themselves. I strongly suggest anyone who may be reading this to consider the Peru trip. It is an amazing and life changing experience.
Love and miss you!
Delaney :)

FROM RAEGAN:
Yesterday, we took a train and a bus up to Machu Picchu!  There was an amazing view of the whole city and how they all left because of an epidemic (theory).  It was an amazing experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!  The city was very magical and energetic even though nobody lived there anymore!  The eighth graders did their presentations up on the mountain.  Today we get to go to the school and look at all of the finished work that we did, and this afternoon we get to play the other hostel in soccer!
P.S:
See you soon mom and dad!  I am so excited to come home!  This is a really cool place and I hope that we can all come back together! 
Raegan

FROM CAITLIN

Hello everyone! This is my first time writing on the blog!
I had so much fun during this trip and I really wish I could come back next year. People here are so kind and they love us to be here. Yesterday we went to Machu Picchu, and it was AMAZING. The view was beautiful. This trip inspired me so much. After this trip, I really hope that my view of the world will change. I love Ollantaytambo. I miss you so much everyone!!!!!
P.S.
This quote is my favorite quote.
"Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth." -- Pema Choron
  
From Liam:

Hey!! Yesterday was Machu Picchu. we had so much fun looking at the ruins. Too bad we couldn't spend another day looking at the views. Today is our last day and we are just about to leave to go play soccer. Bye!

FROM MICHA
Hey everyone!
Today is our last day! I am so upset we have to leave our family today. Right now we are going to play a soccer game with all of our families. Then we are going to work at the school one last time. I'm excited to go home and see everyone! Machu Picchu was amazing! My camera broke so I couldn't take any pictures! I’m not looking forward to the long plain ride... This has been such a cool experience!

Dear Fam,
Can't wait to see everyone! Miss you all,
xoxo Micha Handler

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Audrey G. Cool pictures. Can't wait to see all of the MP pics. We will have roasted guinea pig for your welcome home dinner on Wednesday just to ease you back to normalcy. Any particular sauce you request? Can't wait to see you soon. Love mom dad cate and W

Unknown said...

It has been fun to follow you and your group on this incredible journey. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories! Dad and I will meet you at the airport on Wednesday and can't wait to give you a big HUG!

I think instead of roasted guinea pig we should have "make your own pizza night" to get you right back in the swing of things :)

Lincoln, your fish are all great! Raegan, Maggie and Coco are singing! Noodle misses you both!

Praying for safe and swift travel and an exciting homecoming!

Post a Comment