Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Posts from Inca's Garden


Hello! I am having such an amazing time in Peru. Yesterday, we were supposed to paint bottles. But no, I had to sand logs. :0 After the piece of sand paper broke three times, I had finished. Then I was ready to retire to panting bottles. But the holes we had dug the day before had to be six inches deeper. After finishing my first hole I moved to the next one. But this hole was special; it had a metal rod stuck into it. It wasn’t in the way but I needed to get it out just because it was annoying me. I pushed, pulled, and twisted it. Then one of the people helping us came and told me they thought it was stuck into the cement. I was way to stubborn to let some cement stop me. Once again I pushed, pulled, and twisted it again and again. The helper came back seeing I was too stubborn to leave it there. He grabbed onto it and with two sharp turns he pulled it out. It was like seeing Author pulling out the sword from the stone, I was happy it was out, but I wish it was me. When I moved to the next hole, there was I giant log stuck into it. But that is a story for another day. Happy Birthday Dad! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to be here. Love you!
Lots of love,
Madison Griggs


Hola! I’m having a great time in Peru. Yesterday we hiked to the town ruins and we weaved baskets. I was kind of bad at it but it was so much fun!!! I think I’m finally over the flu, and I haven’t gotten sick from anything else yet (thank God). I hope everything is fine at home
Miss you all!
Macey

Hi mom and dad!! So far the trip has been amazing. I have been picking up more and more information and knowledge about Ollanta that I didn’t think I would be able to notice. Yesterday we went to the ruins here in town. Adela’s husband gave us a tour. We also took this tour last year, but I feel like this time I really/truly comprehended the full meaning of the ruins and the Incas. It was super cool!! Our service project has been at the local school again. We are constructing a fence and landscaping a garden. The first full day here, we went rafting. It was so intense and so fun. I was in a group with Michael, Jimmy, Alex, and Ms. Bronston. Our world leadership leader, Randal, kayaked the whole thing until his kayak flipped! Our raft (rescue team) paddled over to Randal and saved him. It was awesome! At one point, one of the rafts flipped and we also helped them too. It was a very fun/successful day! I’m currently eating breakfast and getting ready for the day. Hopefully you guys can see lots of pictures!
            Love,
            Logan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We want to hear about the other hole Madison. xoxox

Unknown said...

HI Macey

glad to hear you are feeling well. All is good here. Dad is working in Hong Kong so it is just me and the little ones. Without you and Dad to keep us on track we are being bad and eating take out! Honey says meow. Love Mum

Post a Comment