Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thursday/Friday - Posts from Full Moon


Thursday
FROM RAEGAN:
Hi guys!  Peru has been so amazing!  Today, we went to the school and sat in on some classes, and it was really fun to practice our Spanish with the kids at the school.  We have all been writing in our journals and taking some really great pictures of the landscape and cool places like the weaving co-operation!  There, we all got to weave our own bracelets!  The teachers have been really kind and generous towards us between taking pictures and making sure we stay healthy!  Tomorrow I think we will be playing soccer with the locals.  I am so excited!  I hope we have been putting up pictures on the blog so you can see our amazing adventures!
P.S. Mom & Dad,
I got a little bit sick tonight but Kennedy and the other teachers helped me feel better, and now I am great! Sorry Lincoln hasn't blogged, but just so you know, we are both healthy and feeling great!  I hope you are having fun on your trip!  See you soon!
Raegan


Friday
FROM AUDREY HUMMEL:
Hello everyone!
Today we are going to an elementary school and working on a fence and playing with the kids. In the afternoon we are hiking to the other ruins in the community. The ruins were once used for grain making. We will also visit our host families at lunch and dinner. The families are so incredibly nice and so welcoming! The kids are so funny and even though we don't speak the same language we have so much fun together!
The days are going by too quickly!

Mom, Dad, Andrew, & Teddy
I misI you all so much! but this trip is so amazing! Thank you for sending me here. it has been like nothing else I have ever done. The people here are probably the nicest families on earth, and all the kids are so cute!

Andrew and Ted Man- They don't sell hammocks here but i found you both other cool things! I miss you! I hope you are having fun with everyone in Sea Island.
Love you guys xoxo
See you all soon,
Audrey

FROM MICHA:
Hello Denver!
I'm having such a good time here! The culture is so different then anything in Colorado, but the people are like family. Every one in this small little village cares for you as if you are their own family. My Spanish is improving so that’s good!! I’m finally getting used to the town and the people! There is a little American bakery that my friends and I go to every day to get amazing cookies! The mountains here are breathtaking. My favorite day so far has been the rafting, even though it was the scariest. Our boat was the only boat that flipped, and it was super scary... but everyone was ok! Yesterday we went to the school, and I was in a science and English class. It is so interesting that you could get the same education living in such different surroundings!

Dear Mom&Dad, Eli&Davis,
I miss you guys so much! I haven't gotten homesick at all!! They have such cool stuff at the market. I can't wait to show you what I got you guys! Mom&Dad- thank you so much for sending me on this trip! I'm learning so much about Peru, but even more about myself! Eli, I miss you little boy! I bet it's weird not having someone yell at you at the dinner table... haha. And Davis- You would love it here- I wish you were with me!
Love you all xxoo
Micha Handler

FROM LINCOLN:
Dear Mom and Dad,
Peru has been an amazing experience unlike anything we could have done back at home. Mom and Dad, I miss you and will be excited to see you guys again when I get home. I have taken pictures and can't wait to show you. Peru is a great experience and it's too bad I can't go again.
Lincoln

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lincoln and Raegan,
It is great to hear from you both. The pictures and blogs have been fun to follow and we are happy to hear you are enjoying your trip. Peru looks beautiful. We will be happy to see you again!
Enjoy your last few days and we will see you very soon. Our trip has been wonderful and we are headed home tonight to snow :(
Love to you and all the whole SMA crew!
Mom and Dad
P.S. Raegan we are glad you feel better!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment